Since many of you do not know much about Romania, I would like to speak about some of the important discoveries that were made by Romanians in time.
- Insulin by Nicolae Paulescu , wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolae_Paulescu
- The Cholera Vaccine by Ioan Cantacuzino , wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ioan_Cantacuzino
- The first anti-diabetic treatment by Nicolae Paulescu
- The first geriatric therapy by Ana Aslan , wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana_Aslan
- The first oil refinery in the world, invented by brothers Teodor and Marin Mehedinteanu in 1857 , wiki: https://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industria_petrolului_%C3%AEn_Rom%C3%A2nia (use Google Translate, is in Romanian)
- The pen was invented in Romania first, by Petrache Poenaru , wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrache_Poenaru
- The first European city with electric lightning was Timisoara on November 12, 1884 , wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_light
- The first flight with a machine heavier than air, by Traian Vuia , wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traian_Vuia
- The first jet engine invented by Traian Vuia
- The first 10 in the history of gymnastics by Nadia Comaneci , wiki : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadia_Com%C4%83neci
- The first number 1 in world tennis by Ilie Nastase , wiki : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilie_N%C4%83stase
- The inventor of the Voronet blue color , wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vorone%C8%9B_Monastery
- Dracula, the story based on Vlad the Impaler , wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_the_Impaler
From the list above, most probably 90% of the people that do not know nothing about Romania, will recognize only Nadia Comaneci and Ilie Nastase, because even Dracula is not recognizable as it was a story written by Bram Stoker, a british author.
Romania means much more, stay tuned for more articles related to this beautiful country.