First edition, facts about the beautiful country of Romania.
Did you know that ?
- Romania is one of the most religious countries in the world ;
- Romania is the only country in Europe that has plastic money. This has started in 1999 and they are made from polymer. Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banknotes_of_the_Romanian_leu#1999%E2%80%932003_issue ;
- Bucharest is ranked #4 in Europe as population. Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_the_European_Union_by_population_within_city_limits ;
- Timisoara is the first city in Europe that had trams pulled by horses. Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timi%C8%99oara#19th%E2%80%9320th_centuries ;
- The city in Romania that is located at the highest altitude is Predeal, at 1059 meters. Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predeal ;
- The Arc of Triumph from Bucharest was built after the Grand Union in 1918, between the years of 1921-1922 and it commemorates Romania’s participation in the First World War. Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcul_de_Triumf ;
- Right now, in Romania, the largest church in the South-East of Europe is being built. Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Salvation_Cathedral
Image by Flaticon.com